This App is designed to help manage and monitor the implementation of social audits.
How does it work?
The Social Audit App is web based and runs on smart phones and computers via your browser. The App works in the following way.
Registering and tracking social audits
The project manager (or any user with that role) can register planned social audit processes in advance. These are shown on the App and are visible in reports. The social audit planning form allows the project manager to assign responsibility for each social audit to a specific team member and to enter deadlines for key stages in each social audit process (for example when will the public hearing be completed by?). These are used to generate a management report that makes it easy to track which stage each social audit has reached and how that compares to the planned schedule.
Capturing data for a social audit
The App shows a list of all social audits on the dashboard page. This shows where it is happening, who is responsible and which stage it has reached. Each social audit has a profile with pages to save data specific to that social audit. These show the team what stage it has reached, what activities are due and which data has already been captured. The social audit profile has forms to capture the following data:
- Recognition - record when, where and by which authority the social audit committee was recognised
- Contacts - record information on members of the social audit committee and other key stakeholders
- Meetings - record meetings (like the public hearing) that took place and either how many people attended or the specific people that took part
- Trainings - register trainings provided to the social audit committee members
- Activities - record which activities the social audit committee will review in their audit and log budget and other information related to this activity
- Recommendations - capture recommendations from the public hearing
- Reflections - enter reflections on challenges and opportunities for each stage of the social audit
The social audit process is broken down into a series of steps that follow the process of preparation, information gathering and analysis, public disclosure and evidence based dialogue and follow-up. The workflow guides the user responsible for each social audit through which activities they need to carry out at that stage (for example, organise the public hearing) and the data that must be collected (for example, complete the meeting form). The workflow can also include review steps where it is re-assigned to the project manager to review data at key stages. They can reverse the workflow - adding comments - if there is a problem. Or advance it to continue the process if the data is of good quality and the process is going well.
As the workflow advances the management reports showing the status of each social audit update. This makes it easy for the project manager to see where each social audit is in the implementation process and which are facing problems.
The App comes with a set of pre-configured reports. Or you can use the Report Builder tool to create new reports, drawing on any field in any form.
Management reports - These show the names and locations of each social audit, which stage they have reached in implementation, what the deadline was and which person is responsible for the social audit.
Donor reports - These show disaggregated data on indicators related to the social audit process. Example indicators include:
- Number of people engaged in citizen monitoring
- Number of institutions agreeing to implement recommendations of social audit
- Number of social audit recommendations included in operational planning or strategy documents
- Number of people attending public hearings
Learning and advocacy reports - These show detailed data on areas like:
- Breakdown of all social audit committee members across all social audits by age, gender and income level
- Analysis of activities audited across all sites
- Analysis of tactics and approaches that helped ensure implementation of recommendations
Would you like a guided demo of the Social Audit App? Get in touch and we'll schedule a Skype call to take you through it. We also offer consultancy to customise the App if you need changes to match your own context.