Collect and use citizen-generated data to identify and solve problems with service delivery
Collect community scorecard data at scale
Register profiles for each facility and assign responsibility to different people to enter and then review data.
Track implementation status and data quality
See at a glance which data has been entered for which school or health facility. Prioritise where to follow-up with field teams if things are behind schedule.
Aggregate and visualise data to identify and solve problems
Visualise responses to questions or categories of unsolved problems to inform your advocacy.
New to community scorecards?
Community scorecards are a tool to engage citizens in identifying, scoring and solving problems associated with service delivery. See our resource page for more on this tool and how to use it.
How does it work?
The CSC App is web based and runs on smart phones and computers via your browser. The App works in the following way.
Creating a registry of schools, health facilities or municipalities - The CSC App starts by helping you create a registry of schools, health facilities or other places where your project will implement one or more community scorecards. As you implement multiple scorecard cycles they are linked back to the profile for the facility.
- Registering and tracking CSC cycles - The project manager (or any user with that role) can register planned CSC cycle in advance. These are shown on the App and are visible in reports. The CSC planning form allows the project manager to assign responsibility for each CSC to a specific team member and to enter expected start and end dates for the CSC cycle.
- Decentralising responsibility across your team - Once you've created a profile for a CSC cycle you can assign different team members different roles. This helps decentralise the work related to entering data and then reviewing data.
- Capturing data for a CSC - The App follows the CSC cycle, prompting team members to enter data as they go through the sequence of activities. The workflow ensures that only the user assigned the role for data entry is able to enter data. Once they enter data it must then be reviewed by the user with the data approval role. It can be approved or referred back for changes. The forms available in the App are:
- Community mobilisation - general details on the community in which the scorecard is being implemented
- Group - type of group engaged and the gender breakdown (completed for each group participating)
- Rights and responsibilities - the groups knowledge of the rights and responsibilities for the sector (completed for each group participating)
- Indicators - the groups level of satisfaction with the indicators selected by the programme (completed for each group participating)
- Scorecard - the indicators selected by the group and their level of satisfaction (completed for each group participating)
- Action plan - the set of actions agreed by the group to tackle the issues they have identified
- Action plan progress - progress made implementing the action plan
- Reports - The App integrates with the Reports App. This enables to configure reports that combine data across CSC cycles from any of the forms. Examples of reports you can create include:
- Breakdown of all groups across all CSC, including gender, group-types and issues raised by each group
- Aggregated responses to all standard scorecard questions across all groups
- List of all issues raised by all groups in all CSC processes
- List of all action plans from each CSC group
- List of which actions were resolved, when and at which level of government were they resolved
- Dashboards - We also have the option to create dashboards that visualise data from the App. This is only available on the all in one package.
Who is using it?
We have worked with the Citizen Engagement Programme, CESC and N'weti in Mozambique to co-create the App. The Citizen Engagement Programme begun using the first version of the App in 2014. CESC and N'weti have been using the App since 2016.
The App has gone through several versions to create a more generic and adaptable version. The latest version is split into four Apps. One to cover a central list of schools, health facilities or municipalities. Three others to cover community scorecards for the health sector, education sector and municipalities. Each is available in English and Portuguese.
Ready to get started?
Would you like a guided demo of the OH App? Get in touch and we'll schedule a Skype or Zoom call to take you through it. We also offer consultancy to customise the App if you need to change things.
We have several options to fit different circumstances. All include unlimited users and a fair usage policy on the number of outcomes you store.
Just the basics
The basic package is designed to get you started within a few days at an affordable price. This includes:
- Creating your own BetterData community (this can be used to adopt other Apps too)
- Adding your logo
- Adopting the Community Scorecard Health or Education App and Facilities App
- Customising the following lists in the App:
- Question list
- Group list
- Citizen rights for the sector
- Citizen responsibility for the sector
- Creating two reports for you (you select which fields to include in each report and what filters apply)
Price - $1000 for set-up plus $1000 a year (includes hosting and backups)
Advanced on boarding allows you to customise the App however you like. This includes integrating it with other Apps (for example Outcome Harvesting). Examples of things covered in advanced on-boarding include:
- Modifying the forms
- Modifying the workflow
- Translating the App into additional languages
A customisation project may take only a few days, depending on what you want to change.
Price - $800 per day
All in one
If you're working on a large programme and need peace of mind, we can also offer a fixed cost package that covers everything you need. This includes:
Hosting and daily backups
Unlimited support (for practical reasons we need to communicate with one or two people)
- Maintenance (updates to ensure compatibility as we make enhancements to the BetterData platform)
- Free upgrades as they become available
- 4 days of training or consultancy a year
Price - $6000 a year
Additional support and training available at $100 per hour.