This application is designed to help organisations or programmes that need to manage and process cash or other types of payments for thousands of people on a regular basis.
It is accessible via a user interface (from within the Participant Management app) or a comprehensive REST API. It is built using Java, Apache Tomcat container, Spring Security implementation, ZKOSS RIA for user interface and MySQL for the database.
The app has been in production use by the Community Work Programme for two years. They use the application to manage $9 million in wage payments each month for 170,000 participants.
Multi-level approval process
- Receives attendance and wage rate data from Participant Management app to calculate payroll for workgroup
- Four level sign-off process on payroll
- Verification of payroll data for the work group
- Double check of the payroll verification for the work group
- Preparation of the payment tranche
- Release of payment for all the transactions in the tranche
- Secure one time passwords
- VPN communications to the banking system via a payment gateway
- All payment are submitted via the gateway directly to the banking system
- A full reconciliation is done on payments submitted, per transaction with the bank account
- Any payment failures are identified, and reprocessed with updated bank account details
- The tranche is closed once all the payments have been reconciled
- Participant Management app to receive data on participant attendance and wage rate
- Several payment gateways to process payments directly into participant bank accounts or mobile wallets
- Management Information System application to track status of payments to each participant