The Eldis App allows BetterData site administrators to search the massive Eldis library according to precise criteria and import content with one click.Read More
This app is designed to help organisations or programmes that need to manage attendance, training, activities and payments for thousands of people spread across multiple sites/projects and multiple work groups per site/project.
It is accessible via a user interface or a comprehensive REST API. It is built using Java, Apache Tomcat container, Spring Security implementation, ZKOSS RIA for user interface and MySQL for the database.
The app has been in production use by the Expanded Public Works Programme and Community Work Programme for five years. They use the app to manage records for 1 million participants associated with 166 sites across South Africa. Participants are organized into 11,000 work-groups for management purposes.
- Register new participants onto the programme
- Upload identification documents, bank account details and a participant photo
- An optional two-stage approval workflow can be used when adding new participants, or changing details of existing participants
- Verify the validity of South African identity numbers, (and soon to be introduced validity of Identity numbers and bank accounts with the bank)
- Assign participants to a site or project. The participant may be limited to only be working in one site/project at a time
- Manage a master list of courses and register new ones
- Associate a training instance with a particular project or site
- Assign participants to courses
- Track skills development
- Record monthly attendance
- Assign participants to work groups on the site / project that they are assigned to
- Generate printable attendance registers
- Capture the total number of days worked, and training done during the month in summary. (Individual days are not recorded in the manual system)
- Capture the actual outputs for the work group as a whole, as the total number of labour days per month that the work group spent on the output
- Validate that the output labour days matches the attendance register labour days
- Integrates with mobile attendance app to enable tracking of daily attendance
- Integrates with payments app to manage payroll and participant payments
- Management Information System app to receive data on number of participants, their outputs and their attendance
- Track allocation of tools and resources
This application is designed to help organisations or programmes that need to manage and process cash or other types of payments for thousands of people on a regular basis.
It is accessible via a user interface (from within the Participant Management app) or a comprehensive REST API. It is built using Java, Apache Tomcat container, Spring Security implementation, ZKOSS RIA for user interface and MySQL for the database.
The app has been in production use by the Community Work Programme for two years. They use the application to manage $9 million in wage payments each month for 170,000 participants.
Multi-level approval process
- Receives attendance and wage rate data from Participant Management app to calculate payroll for workgroup
- Four level sign-off process on payroll
- Verification of payroll data for the work group
- Double check of the payroll verification for the work group
- Preparation of the payment tranche
- Release of payment for all the transactions in the tranche
- Secure one time passwords
- VPN communications to the banking system via a payment gateway
- All payment are submitted via the gateway directly to the banking system
- A full reconciliation is done on payments submitted, per transaction with the bank account
- Any payment failures are identified, and reprocessed with updated bank account details
- The tranche is closed once all the payments have been reconciled
- Participant Management app to receive data on participant attendance and wage rate
- Several payment gateways to process payments directly into participant bank accounts or mobile wallets
- Management Information System application to track status of payments to each participant
This application is designed to help organisations or programmes that need to manage attendance for thousands of people on a daily basis that are based at multiple locations.
The app is available as native Android or iPhone apps. It is built on HTML 5 and uses a server-side facial recognition API to compare recorded images against reference images.
This application is currently in alpha testing stage. The Community Work Programme will pilot the app in June 2015.
- Native Android and iPhone applications
- Offline data storage capability
- Synchronises with server when Internet available
- Time and attendance
- Tracks time and attendance for a group of participants
- Group manager can verify presence or absence by name or reference photo of participant
- Time and attendance data relayed to Payments App to manage participant payments
- Client side facial detection
- Server side facial matching against reference images
- Flags low probability matches to system administrator
- Group manager can record outputs at group level for each day
- Outputs are linked back to the Management Information System app for reporting
- Group manager can allocate tools and other resources to a participant
- Allows for check-in and check-out to track allocation
- Integrates with Participant management app to receive data on workgroup participants for each site
- Payments app to provide data on participant attendance for payroll purposes
- Management Information System app to receive data on outputs produced by each group